• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander bows

Does anyone have any knowledge on the Gander Guide Series bows? I stopped into the Forest Lake store today to pick up a quiver for my son and had to scratch the itch and look at the new ones. The full kit with their name on it seemed to have some real hokey accessories but just the bow seemed ok. I was on the clock so I didn't have time to play. Also, should I decide to sell my old Hoyt, where could I find an idea of how much it is worth? I would hate to part with her but the new ones have wedged under my skin.

I work in the archery dept at Gander so I can tell you a little. The two bows, the Tec Hunter and Tec Hunter Ext are identical bows to the Diamond Rapture and Diamond Justice, respectively. Diamond is Bowtech's solo cam line and I actually own one myself, the Triumph, and it's a great bow in my opinion. Anyway if you put the Guide Series bows next to their Diamond counterparts you'll see that they're almost exactly the same, minus the camo patern and a few pesky details. The only problem here is that Gander Mtn has priced the Guide Series bows the same as their Diamond counterparts which is kind of stupid in my opinion, as I would rather buy the Diamond for the same price. Anyway, neither are bad bows, the Tec Hunter Ext is actually really smooth shooting with the Freedom Cam and it's pretty compact. Anyway if you have any other questions let me know.

Yup, correct. The Daimond series is a great bow for the buck and made by Bowtech who has several of the best selling bows on the market right now. You will love any of these bows, good quality and top of the line. Good luck!

I have been shooting alot of differnt new bows but will wait till this winter to purchase a new one. I am extreemly impressed with the Diamond line by Bowtech. Would probably by the "liberty". But really everyones tase is diff and you need to shoot a few to see what feels best. The Fred Bear epic is a heck of a deal also as well as the Martin bengal. Of the high end sticks the Mathers SB was great but want to test drive a Ross also.

Besides tryin a bunch first my other recomendation is to stay away from bows with a brace height less than 7 inches...

Thanks for the info everyone. I have always been Hoyt but don't know if I can justify the cost of the new high end units for the few times I get to use them. My current bow is a relic and it would be nice to have something smoother. Maybe I'll just have to wait and chisel a little longer on the accounting department.