• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some tips/advice

My Canon P&S got just a little bit wet frown.gif on my Canada fishing trip and would not power up so I removed the batteries and tried to forget about it for awhile. I finally decided to take it apart and clean it up. Found the problem area and have it all cleaned up......any tips or advice on how to put it back together would be appreciated. wink.gif

canon.JPG

you take that little screw next to the red wire and screw it into the green mother-board and. And you should be able to figure out the rest its not that hard. Last but not least don't forget the batteries. good luck lol

It got left in the camera case overnight in the bottom of the boat. It was laying back down in about 1/8 inch of water and only the corner by the flash card was touching. When I took it apart there was a good deal of corrosion on the corner of the mother board near the onboard battery....less than 1/2 square inch. Other than that it was ok....but that was enough to kill it.

I am looking now for another P&S to carry as a back up/second/kids/wife camera. I am thinking the Canon S2 or Nikon S4....any thoughts on either one of those?