• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Maybe helpfull battery hint

Sutty

I have a sportsman 500 that I don't ride that much during the summer. My battery runs down from infrequent use and I was warned by a Polaris guy not to use a regular charger since it would wreck the battery. Anyway I bought a battery tender junior for about 25 bucks and now can leave it plugged in all the time. It has a real low output which should be good for the battery and it keeps it charged up. It also came with both a quick connect cable that you can leave on the ATV and also alligator clamps. Once it charges all the way up it shuts itself off and will charge it back up once it loses a volt or so. Anyway thought it was cool and someone else mught have had the same issue.

Sutty,

You should be able to use a regular battery charger as long as it has the option for trickle charge.The charger won't hurt the battery when it's on trickle(low output) and they only take a couple of hours to recharge.

I'm on my second battery as well. I don't think the charging systems on the Polaris are very good. If I run my headlights and my winch while plowing snow my battery light usually comes on.