• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to hold the apple???

OK shooting for 10 yards. smile.gif It's that time Jay, I've been plucking the target everyday before and after work for about 2 weeks now. I'm going to try and get to a couple of shoots as soon as I'm moved in. Any triple crown's coming local, I would love to qualify for worlds.

Nice shooting Chief! We didn't shoot bad ourselves yesterday 4 under in the scramble got us 2nd place low net some nice golf jackets. First place shot 9 under, Wow! Got back in plenty of time to play slow-pitch and got to the girls fast-pitch game by the bottom of the 3rd. We lost both our games 11-4 and 4-0. frown.gif

Lee - Nothing around here other than local clubs 3-D shoots. You looking for field archery or 3-D. Dad used to shoot all over the state competitivly 30+ years ago. I wish I could shoot more. I always enjoyed the winter leagues and we shot in a weekly outdoor summer league for years...

Dark Cloud,

Nice shooting, man!

In a couple of weeks, I will be putting up my bow hunting stands in the land I hunt in Naples. Can't wait for that.

The last couple of years I have noticed that guys have lost interest in hunting--last year, I basically hunted by myself on 200+ acres, which at times it got a little boring not to mention dangerous if things go wrong. Have you found the same trend where you hunt further south then me?

I just found a couple of pics from the better bow hunting bucks I got......these two were from the same area in Naples I hunt, and both were from the same stand that I put up year after year. The stand is located at an intersection of two ridges, and the bucks cruise the area looking and marking their breeding grounds here. Usually, the bigger bucks of this side of the hill hit this area often....

10032701bs1.jpg

10032741ou2.jpg

We are prety lucky here. Dad has over 80 acres here behind the house in premo deer country with access to a couple hundres thats pretty much all to ourselfs especially during the archery season. We also have a 50 acre chunk we hunt about 15 minutes from here that is a gold mine. It borders hundreds of acres of unhunted Lockheed Martin land. Plus another 500 acres about a half hour from here that is hunted by about 6 of us. We plant lots of food plots there and for the most part practice CDM - no trash racks. So all in all it adds up to about 15 diff stands to choose from. The best stand funny enough is a 5 minute walk behind the house, in 20 years I'd bet 50 deer have been taken from that stand bow and gun by just the two of us....

Here some picts of the two dad got with the bow out of that stand last year and three years ago. After dad shot his last year he had to pass on a beutifull 16inch wide 10 pt, well I had a run in with him one morning and didnt see the twig that messed up my shot in the early morning fog. Still sick over that one!!! Dad had a bear get into his blueberry patch the other day and last evening mom and my sister were sitting on the back portch when he walked through the yard about 12 yards away. There guess he was bigger than us, so easily 300lbs...

I dont have any digital picts of my bow deer, somehow the ex deleted an awesome picture I had from last year...

dsc00268is7.jpg

dsc00272wx3.jpg

megdeervb6.jpg

Dark Cloud,

Sounds like a hunting heaven you guys have there.....nice pics, too. I know that it is only early August, but I am getting excited about this coming October. Sitting there in the treestand watching the sun come up....not too cold....listening and anticipating something coming by. Watching the squirrels and chipmunks compete for acorns. Having birds land on your arrow as they come through your area searching for food. Seeing fox come by and scaring the dump out of them when you move your feet when they are 15 feet away from the base of the tree you are in. That is cool stuff in my mind.

Yep the season will be here soon. Im really looking forward to it. I'll be able to hunt every morning till my body gives out. I took a real nice big fox with my bow about 5 years ago.

Heres some picst of the trophy "living" room....

dsc00458qh3.jpg

dsc00459vd1.jpg

dsc00464ho5.jpg

Dark Cloud,

Nice pics of the living room....that place looks awesome! Me, I will be sleeping in the back of my truck a few weekends when I can. It is roughing it, but it beats driving all the way home and getting back on the road the next morning to be in my stand before sunrise. That gets old quick! Plus, at over $3 gallon for gas, well you get the picture.

Man, you are going to be hunt every morning! Nice...I wish I can do that someday. Hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon, and then right back at it again. Then winter time comes, and ice fish all day times 7 grin.gifgrin.gif

Yep Johnny it will be good to see Dark Cloud back on his old schedule. The Bushmen full-time is not his deal, I think partime and no strings is where it's at. Excuse me Pooh Bear, sorry had to clear my throat Jay, give her a call she wasn't 1/2 bad....Big Johnny - bonus is were gonna see alot of Dark Cloud this ice season which is absolutely great for me because you guys can break Tuzzy's balls, eh..."Tuzzy what the ---k is this in your bucket. FRANK!!!!!

classic... Z and I put the beat down on Daves team last night 20-14, were locked in to 3rd place again this season, we have 3 rain games to make up and then the playoffs our record is a crappy 6-6.

Timmy,

Speaking of softball, we finished third and last week we lost to the second place team 18-0 in our playoff game. blush.gif Then, that same team that crushed us beat the first place team in the championship game 17-0. They geared up some big hitters later in the season. All of the guys on that team can hit it to left or right field with power. We are the oldest team in the league (I am the youngest guy on our team at 38), and they don't have anyone over 30. Their shortstop made it to double AA through the Reds organization....so, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck in your upcoming games and playoffs.

Well we have a good mix of 3-40's alot of 30's and some 20's. Our problem is we give up one big inning to the opposition but lately we haven't been letting it beat us down. Last night were cruising into the 5th with a 7-1 lead and we promptly give up 11 runs, but fired right back in the top of the 6th to lead again by 3. Before we would fold miserably. We have to keep that going with 2 outs and plating 4 runs those are the things that need to happen to go far in the playoffs. I don't know about your infield playing surface but ours is terrible, if you don't short hop the ball it's by you also if you have the 6:15 game 3rd base and left field are impossible to play because the sun is right in your eyes and at eye level. Last night Z hosed a guy at the plate from left field, he still has a cannon and Z had him by a step and a half... smile.gif