• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lumenoks

Yo HL--- I have one arrow set up. I myself usually shoot bright fletching and knock.. But the lumi is nice!.. very fun to watch while practice shooting in low light.. also very good for seeing a wobble in your arrow flight.

Keep in mind that this does affect your FOC(Front Of Center)and spine some... I notice that my arrow with a lumi knock hits low and to the right about 2" @ 50 yards... is it still a kill?.. Yep, do I aim different shooting the lumi arrow.. nope!

The reason I asked is that I shoot very dark fletchings and they are very diffucult to find after passing through the deer.I figured the lumi would help with finding the arrow.With the price of arrows and broadheads one does not want to loose to many.

I think the luminocks add about 22 more grains of weight to the rear of your arrow than a standard Bohning plastic nock. If you shoot a relatively light arrow, say less than 6 grains per pound of draw weight, they may have an effect on your front of center, same if your front of center is less than 10%. I shoot about 12% FOC and haven't noticed much difference in impact. For me the 12% FOC helps with broadhead-arrow flight.

The Luminocks are expensive ($9 a piece or so) but like already said, they will help you see your arrow flight and help find the arrow in low light conditions as long as the luminock isn't covered up by leaves or brush.

HarveyLee:

I use them too. Wonderful product. I actually own only one. As long as I don't shoot more than once in the same outing, I just pull it out and put it in another arrow. You really shouldn't need too many, IMO.

Had a deer 2 years ago that I smoked. Complete pass-thru, right behind the shoulder (according to my eyes), blood everywhere, until it started to thin at 150 yds. Then drops, then pin-drops, then a pin-drop every 20 yards, then I couldn't follow tracks anymore. 3 hours that night, and 1/2 of the next day still didn't yield that deer.

I'm convinced with a Lumenock, I would've seen that arrow better, and known enough to give that deer longer than 1/2 hour to bed. The shot looked great, but it apparently missed a bit. I still don't know what happened.

Let me know what you think of them!

Joel