• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Shooting

This year my biggest was 24lbs. Lots of 5-15lbers but it sure gets he blood pumpin when one of those "submarines" comes rolling on through!!!! I can only imagine what that 35lber looked like shocked.giflaugh.gif!!

ya it was a rush getting that one. it drug around my 14 ft jon boat. it was a blast. also went out tonight to the same spot again and shot a 25-30 pounder. forgot the scale in the truck but i bet it weight that much. see alot of fish, only manage 6 nice ones.

for a reel set up on your bow all depends on what kind of bow you have and how much you want to spend. you can get a spool type that cost around 25-30 bucks i think or you can get a reel type that cost around 55 bucks. i use a spool type reel it's cheap and works just fine for me. where do you live. if you live around buffalo or monticello i could take you out.

In my high school days I would take an old push button reel and tape it to a stabilizer. Attach the braided line push the button and shoot.

If I remember I shot about 6-10 a year - you have to bring in the carp with your hands because the reel was not too strong taped on.

Thanks for info on reals.

Thanks for the offer stretch but I live a few miles west of Hibbing. I do have an old spool type that I tried shooting suckers with years ago but by the time you can leagly do it the suckers are pretty much out of the creeks.

A few buddies of mine and I went out the other day and shot about 30 of them at a slough by my house I sware one I shot had to be 30 plus pounds alot of 15 to 20. It is starting to get to hard to shot them around here because alot of people shoot them here.

sorry dont have pics

Stretch, if you are willing to give some advice to someone who is new to bowfishing I could use some. I live in the west metro. If you ever need anyone to go with I would go with. Just starting and dont know where to go, but sure could use some experience in the boat!

ya sure i am always looking for someone to go shooting with. the one thing that you have to have is polarize glasses other wise it is nearly impossible to see the carp. even tho the carp are done spawning you can head out to lakes or small rivers and find any back water and usually you will see something. where in the west metro do you live?? is it close to monticello??