• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anchor sight

finny

I,personally have not used it,but have heard good things about it.

They say that it will give you tighter groups,be better in low light times of the day,and you can shoot with both eyes open.

I would guess if you have been shooting a long time with a peep that it might be a little different for awhile but would probably be worth a shot.

I know that Archery Innovations makes one along with I believe Timberline.

Its something a guy should probably try,but I'am so stuck in my ways it would be hard to do,and then again maybe not.

I have a friend who was excellent target shooter using the Timberline anchor site. It provided all the advantages that Harvey mentioned......except that when we were hunting. HE couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in a stand sooting at animals.

Call it what you want, buck fever, target panic, whatever, but he couldn't make a shot.

I've identified a couple different reasons for his problems, namely with form, but I think the biggest problem is that he would have to take his eyes off his sight to make sure his anchor site was aligned. This would make him lose either his proper anchor and torque the bow or lose his pin placement while checking the anchor sight.

I'm sure they work for lots of people, but IMO I think that they create more complications during actual hunting situations.

My buddy now uses a peep again and is shooting lights out. I belive the anchor sight was a great training tool, but I don't think its ideal for hunting.