• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

few photos from today

Mike, you look like you have the same honeyhole spot going that I do! I go to shoot Woodies and Blue winged Teal and all of these Yellow Rumped/Myrtle Warblers fly all around me. I'm not positive, but I believe that Warbler can be called either a Yellow Rumped or Myrtle warbler.

Nice work

Yup, I grew up calling it the myrtle, then the mucky-mucks in the birding world changed a beatiful name to yellow-rumped. frown.gif

Thanks for sharing them, Mike. I especially like that male woody talking. grin.gif

Didn't they used to call one the (western) Audobon race and one the (eastern) myrtle warbler? Saw one last nite in the plum trees while finishing the lawn. Hard to see when mowing in the dark most of the time. Need nite vision goggles I guess. The number of goldfinches is growing rapidly each day. Wood duck flew out of the tree behind the house after chores. 1st time I've seen that so not sure what that was all about. This AM there were 2 male Harris sparrows and a couple white crowned sparrows cleaning up under the feeder as I was on my way out. House wrens are singing up a storm. Mom had rose breasted grosbeaks at her feeders this AM near Spring Valley.

"LIVING DECOYS"............thats what these blue winged teal look like......skiddish little guys for sure!....not the best pic but they wouldn't let me get any closer!....looks like a merganser on the left ......jonny grin.gif

DSCF0504-1.jpg

Great pics, both you guys. First oriole showed up this AM. Brown thrasher and the oriole were having a singing contest when I left with a load of critters.

Fishingmike,

It would be greast if you'd make your pics just a little bigger. You're doing really good man, and it would be great to see a little more detail.

Tom W

Great Teal shot Jonny

tell us what you were using to resize and what else you did in post processing and we should be able to help. This should be a pretty basic step so you may be able to learn something that will help you ou. As it has been said before, if you are going to shoot digital it really helps to know the PP part of it well.

I'm not sure exactly where you are Mike on the post processing thing but I'd go to your photo elements,make a copy of the original so you don't loose it,open the copy up,play with it (color, contrast etc. or nothing) then resize it...I use "675" and it automatically changes both the height and width of the photo(which I use here on the forum all the time but of course changes depending if it's a crop or not)....of course...use "72" for the resolution thing...then save the altered pic to your computer.the rest you know I guess or you wouldn't have a pic here on the forum....lol!...not sure if this helps or not, maybe others can add a helping note here as well....just experimenting will get you the results you want....we have plenty of patience grin.gif...all nice photos ...a joy to see them!...jonny grin.gif

your "woodie" a little larger:

mikeswoodiecopy.jpg

Just my very limited $.02 worth in my extremely limited photo posting here: I tried photobucket and had the same problems Mike. The pics were all small and when I tried to change the size, no go. When I used imageshack, the problem went away.

Like your photos as I said; they are timely and reflect what's going on where the wild things are. I am not a photographic critic and wouldn't know an f-stop from a door stop or shooting raw from shooting with clothes on. But, I do know how much I appreciate someone taking the time to post pics on this site, right or wrong, good or bad. There are a lot of the same creatures I run across any given time of year time of year when I'm working on my real job or working at home. Short of nocturnal photography, there simply isn't time to record the images much as I'd like to so am glad to see someone else has. Keep up the good work and am sure you can learn a lot from of the excellent photographers who post here.