• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Long Bow!

Getting a long bow from my wife's uncle. He makes them.

I have shot compound my whole life (20 years) but I'd just like to take bow hunting to the next level.

Does anyone have any advice on form, consistency, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

DL

What is the draw weight on the bow? I recently picked up a recurve to start learning something new. I had to replace the string so, I'm learning that brace height is very important as its one of the only ways to tune the bow. This is changed by twisting the string.

Decide if you are shooting off the shelf or with a flipper/plunger style rest. I'm shooting off the shelf so that makes having properly spined arrows very important.

I'm not sure what else. I read on archery talk HSOforum and learn some good stuff there. Most of its people bickering, but its full of good info.

as with any archery, a consistant anchor point is key. Practice is much more important as you will now be shooting without sights. many feel most confortable canting the bow quite a bit and sighting down the arrow.

It will be a lot of fun, stick to it!