• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ultimate Panfish League - Open Water

Matt Johnson

I finally have the dates and lakes set for the open water Ultimate Panfish League events...

Saturday, May 20 - Turtle Lake

Saturday, June 3 - Rush Lake

Saturday, July 15 - Medicine Lake

Sunday, August 27 - Linwood Lake

Sunday, September 24 - Mystery Lake (voted on)

Saturday, October 14 - Mystery Lake (voted on)

What we did was reverse the ice fishing lakes and then we figured we would vote on the last two lakes. We also tried to put in a couple Sunday events incase some people can’t make the Saturday events, and visa versa.

Anyone who fished an ice fishing event or signs up for an open water event is allowed to put a lake name into the hat. Then we'll draw two names, which will make the 2 mystery lake spots. We will draw names at the Rush Lake event, which should give everyone plenty of time to register after the lake names are released.

Lakes must be at least 500 acres and must have an access that can accommodate 15-20 trailers minimum (unless there is more than one access). They also must be within about 60 miles from Minneapolis (as a center point for the Metro area). Next year we’re going to branch out and see what interest we have in other areas of the state, but we’re going to stick to somewhat Metro area for this year.

Online registration is available on the www.ultimatepanfish.com website. More information about the UPL can also be found on the website.

I will accept registration via e-mail/mail as well.

Thanks! The open water panfish season is here!

Whatever.. LOL.. I cant relax in a boat!!!! And I dont care if I get second to last.. as long as I beat you buddie.. LMAO..

Ok.. for all those who are worried.. i am a bass dude.. and the chance of me beating Matt is not good!... but I am willing to hit the "NO DEAL" button.. Bring it on sweet cheeks!

Deitz, I am for the most part a Bass/Walleye/Pike guy but do to my now medically recognized OCF (obsessive Compulsive Fish) dis-order I dabble with the panfish on open water to keep me busy.

I am planning on a hitting a few events myself and for anyone else interested I might have an open spot in the boat. So if anyone is feeling lucky let me know. I as well am fine finishing anywere from 1st to 20th as long as I am on the water. After all time on the water is the only way to keep the OCF under control as there is not known cure. You simly have to adjust your lifestyle to accomodate.

Matt,

The logistics of open water events are alot different than ice events. Since this is the first open water event, how will the event take place in the context of launching boats. I know there is very limited dock space on West Rush. Are we to all launch our boats first and then gather on the water until 7am, or what?

Alright, I am expecting a butt whoppin... I have never fished for perch in open water... so my guess is I will not find any of them.. and I dont fish crappies much in open water.. and I dont plan on pre-fishing... but I do expect to bring my -A- game!!!!