• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's workin' now...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing worked to any extent for me last night, as far as the panfish went.

Fishing for crappies, I did manage to get a few dink sunnies, 4 walleyes, little guys, 2-3 pike, same deal, little, a couple of pretty respectable smallies that were fighting pretty slow in the colder water, but no crappies.

I tried all my regular spots, but I was running out of light and I missed one area...wouldn't you know it, a guy comes down, takes a couple of casts in that area and 'Boom' a nice crappie! Then after untangling a snarl, he got another one! I had to leave, so I don't know how long it went on for, but I checked my watch when he got the first one and it was 6:30. If all goes well today, I may be back down there for a last open water fishing trip, again tonight.

I managed to get into a really nice pod of sunfish over moderately deep water. A purple Scenic Tackle Go-Devil 1/16 oz tipped with a waxie or finesse plastic brought a few dozen gills boatside. At least 2 covered the 9.5” mark including this one.

ty_gill2.jpg

Same exact location as mentioned above except casting right up to a rocky shoreline yielded the crappies. Larger profile plastics were the ticket including 2” Power Minnows, & Culprit Paddletails, & Culprit Fringetails. Free-lining these plastics with a 1/16oz collarless head put nearly 20 crappies in the boat with an average size of 11” and a few of the larger ones exceeding the 11.5” mark.

ty_crappie1.jpg

Boated a pile of fish today and the ticket was 1.75" Culprit Paddletails under a Thill/Lindy Mini-Stealth bobber. 1/32 oz or 1/16 oz collarless jigs with a #4 or #2 hook did the trick. When the bite slowed on natural colors, a drastic color change fired things back up.

We found both crappies and gills 3-4 under the surface. There was deeper wood directly below.

9.5" Gill

ty_gill2.jpg

12.25" crappies

ty_crappies.jpg

Got out chasin the slabs this weekend. hot bait for me was a 64th oz pink jig with a 1 inch white power tube. 2 to 4 ft down, water temp 43. cloudy skies.

slab time!

crppie9.jpg

Looks like this one escaped a pike, only to hit my jig!

crppie10.jpg

pretty colors!

crppie3.jpg

fought a 2 pound slab only to find out it was a frisky little largemouth bass :mrgreen:

crppie2.jpg

Future slab cool.gif

crppie4.jpg

some more good uns'

crppie7.jpg

crppie6.jpg

"calvinist" with a couple of keepers.

crppie1.jpg

Got out on the water again today!

Jack got into some nice slabs on a small jig with a ratso tail..

a1slab2.jpg

stretch him out to the camera now! wink.gif

a1slab.jpg

I got some good eaters

a1slab4.jpga1slab6.jpg

Here the ol Baron von Crappie gets to put the clawhold on a lunker! unfortunately, I didn't catch it, Jack did! nice fish eh! blush.gif

a1slab3.jpg

ugggh blurry, don't move the camera when you shoot putz! tongue.gif

Water temp 39

air temp 45

depth 3 to 5 ft

bait 64th ounce jig with a white ratso tail or a stubgrub chartruse.