• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best eagle of the day

Aside from the eagle comparison listed on this board, here's the one I like the best from the day, with only as much post processing as needed to bring it to the life it had at the time. The light was darn hot from the side, but it worked out pretty good.

busted.jpg

It appears as if he is looking at you as his next meal. Did you use the mouse squeaker again? Sharp eyes are really necessary for an outstanding photo. Everything else is secondary because I believe the viewer's eyes are definitely drawn to the subject's eyes. "The eyes have it."

Here is my best photo from Saturday. We took a nice trip up Hwy 61, stopped at the Eagle center in Wabasha and then looked for Eagles as we drove up to Lake City. This is one we found just off the Hwy between Wabasha and Lake City. This was our first eagle viewing trip. I am amazed at how many we saw. They are truly beatiful birds.

eagle338az.jpg

We've been fishing the Alma Dam and last Friday we had perhaps 80 of these beauties working the area from the dam downstream about two miles. It wasn't unusual to see 8 to 12 at a time in one tree along the water. Shots without a telephoto would have been futile since a guy can't get too awful close to them right now in a boat. Another month and they tend to mellow out a bit and actually will get approachable.

ST...

I was wondering.....Have you ever saw an Eagle standing in water?

I saw an Eagle Standing in water, about a foot and a half, and it was a Bald Eagle. This happened In Yellowstone.

Just wondering if you have ever seen this? I was amazed. I have photographed a lot of Eagles in VNP. I have spent a lot of time there as well as Ely.

Nice photo, Ealges are awesome!!!!!

Mark

Nossir, never saw an eagle standing in water that deep. That's a lot of water for an eagle. But, heck, they're used to snapping fish up out of water, and I've seen ealges go almost totally submerged when dive-bombing for a fish and still get up and fly out of the water with the fish in their talons. Takes a lot of power to do that with wet feathers.