• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any one a member of the Rapids Archery Club??

Benny

Ok first off it isn't that I really mind joining two different archery clubs or organizations, but to be forced into joining one club just to be a member of another is down right unfair.

I can see asking the membership to support another larger or smaller group, but requiring them to be a member is not right.

Any memebers of the Rapids Archery club care to reason with me why I should join that club when it requires me to join one of three different state or national clubs??

It would seem I get no benifit to be a member, the range cost is the same and from what I was told second hand even the league shoots cost the same as nonmembers.

I will more than likely join the Minnesota Bow Hunters any way, as they represent the DNR and get in on the metro hunts all the time.

But now I have reservations about Rapids Archery.

What Benifits does the club offer, if I decide to become a member and do the volinteer work needed to keep the working memebership going?

Benny

I know absolutely nothing about this specific club but occasionally smaller regional clubs receive some financial support from the larger organizations to keep their smaller clubs going.

I wasn't able to access their ".org" HSOforum, but I was able to look at teh geocities HSOforum and I don't see any requirement there to join one of the larger organizations. What I would do is go to the contact info and speak with some of the officers of the club and discuss their requirements.

I guess I never thought about that.

That would make a differance for me, if my membership in the larger club directly benifits the secondary club I am looking at then why not join both and have extra benifits.

Thanks for the inlightenment.

Benny

I'm not involved in the club but if I were to guess I'd say it has a lot to do with in general just promoting the sport. Being involved in a club is more of a two way relationship. Its not just about what the club can do for me, but also about what I can do for the club and sport. Supporting other organizations with something in common might be one of the ways to do that. Just my opinion. I've also contemplated joining the club this year. But I have a baby due this summer (our first) and I honestly don't think I'll have the time available to put towrads much else.

I did attend the 3D shoot on Sunday and had a fabulous time! It was my first ourdoor shoot and I had a blast. grin.gif