• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I called to Watertown SD today to see if they were up that far yet. They said no. The Honkers are in the area but now Snows. Sounds like they are bunching up on the Nebraska line. CAJ

I saw my first small flock of Snows this morning on my way to work... future migrations will probably be dependent on what happens this weekend... the forecasters are talking snow... but they haven't been real accurate the past couple of forecasted snow storms...

marine_man

Heard they are still around the missouri lines. I got family planning on sandlake SD in 2 weeks. They figure they figure the snows should be close. there hoping for the end folks of juvees cause they ain't the smartest. So I'd be watching. Saw a post last night about snows standing on the ice near watertown sd. [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you!] Good luck StM

I've been starting to see more snows around here in the past day or two with the warmer weather. I would anticipate by this weekend they'll be all over the place with highs forecasted into the 50's...

marine_man

returned from devils lake on sunday the 26th, we saw a small flock (less than 12) in a field not far from the Crystal sugar plant on hwy 29, somewhere between fargo and grand forks. can't pinpoint it any better than that. i was a little surprised to see them.

There are a lot of snow geese around as of lately...

Anyone hunting them with any success?

This isn't just a fishing HSOforum... feel free to post hunting reports / scouting information, things you've seen, etc

marine_man

Well im back!!! Had a good trip. We scouted friday and found a field of about 5-7 thousand and set up there sat morning. We had 47 birds down by 10:30. Later sat. we ended up with around 10 more. Sunday we stayed in the same field but woke up late(guy i was with doesnt know how to work an alarm clock) ended up with about 8 for the day. Then monday we picked up and moved to a flooded sunflower field that was holding about 5 thousand. We only set up around 50 decoys in 2 groups 30 yards away from each other. I got lucky and had the right side and the geese just came in like crazy. I shot 32 geese in 15 minutes and the other guy didnt get any and he got mad and came next to me then everything flared cuz he stuck out. So i told him to cover up and he didnt so nothing else came in. That could have been AT LEAST 100 bird day, but what can i say. We got in a fight cuz he thought I was shotting to much. So I got mad and stopped shootting and he got 2 more. Everything was great except for the last night. Then we came back early tuesday morning with a total of 102 birds. One banded bird too.

I have never seen birds decoy so good in my life!!! It was nuts!!!!

We hunted north of Rock Lake about 1/4 mile from the border. There was a lot of geese around still!!! Roads were fine and the fields were dry in the higher areas where we set up the decoys. The farmers land we hunted on was VERY nice and invited us for Easter dinner!!!

All and ALl a good trip!!! Thats my report!!!

So is there any geese in South Eastern part of the state??? Just need to go out one last time!!!!