• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lamb and RIce formulated dogfoods?

esox49

I've been feeding it to my dogs for years now. Many dogs have issues with digesting corn products and have allergies as well. After my previous dog developed a seizure disorder my vet had me make the switch to a Lamb and Rice without corn meal/gluten. In many cases helps dogs with hot spot issues as well.

Make sure to read the ingrediate list as many Lamb and Rice formulas still have a lot of cornmeal/gluten in them.

I feed IAMS to my female lab. I started her on that due to a friend who has had good results. She likes it, and her coat looks great. She'd probably do just as good on some other feed, but I'm not changing.

I even catch the cat sneaking her food from time to time.

I used to work at a company where we sold bi products to the pet food industry. Most everyone fed their hounds lamb and rice. Rice is the most easily digestible grain for dogs and lamb, I forgot why lamb but I've fed it for ten years to my dogs.

I'vw been using the walmart lamb and rice for years. Used several other brands over the years but this has been the best. My brittany actually looked younger after switching to the lamb and rice. Shiny coat, more energy, and she wolfs it down like I would a piece of prime rib!

I feed my yellow Nutrisource lamb and rice. On the regular formula he had runny #2's. The lamb and rice is supposed to be easier on their stomachs and with my dog it firmed up his stools. If only I could do something about the doggie farts.

I spent a ton of money on vet bills the past 2 years trying to figure out a hair loss problem with my lab. The bottom side of my lab was almost hairless. Nothing seemed to help. She had no sores, scratching, redness or discomfort. Just a lack of hair. Six months ago I switched to a lamb and rice from fleet farm. It has no corn, no soy, no beef. The dogs hair is starting to fill in. Maybe a coincidence but I'll stick to this brand.

As a side note, I had a buddy who has a lab he keeps inside the house with him. The dog had lots of allergy problems along with coat problems. When my friend quit smoking the dogs problems disappeared. He took up smoking again but does it outside!