• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handgun question

Big Country

I don't have that particular weapon, but shooting a .45 vers a 9 mil isn't a whole lot different.

Of coarse you have slightly more recoil due to the larger more powerful cartrage, but accuracy is still the same.

Now you do have about half or less of the round capacity that a 9 mil would have though.

Most .45's are 8 rounds or less with a few brands going as high as 10 for a standard mag.

There are some high cap mags out there for varius models as well.

If your just going to plink with it I would suggest staying with a 9mil.

For a concealed carry , nothing puts fear into some one than staring down a barrle that is nearly 1/2 inch in diamiter.

I know a guy who has this model in a .40 S&W and he likes it a lot.I handled it for a while to get the feel for it, and they fit your hand nice.

Benny

I shoot a compensated EAA Witness.45

I prefer it over a non-compensated 9mm. (but that is me)

It is hard to conceal and is heavy but it will pack a punch.

Go with what you feel. I am a Beretta guy but not for hanguns. They don' fit my hands well. The EAA fits me like a glove. Has to comfortable to you and Taurus makes nice pieces.

AQUAJOE and Benny, Thanks for the quick response. The 24-7 was N.R.A.'s handgun of the year for 05. It does fit nicely in my hand. It is a hard gun to conceal, but the one I am looking at carries 12 in the mag. and 1 in the chamber. A formidable weapon. If it shoots nice, I am buying it. BC

Good luck, you'll have fun with that piece. Taurus make nice stuff.

Even though you have made up your mind, I'll second the EAA Witness. I have a plain .45 in the wonder finish, and it has been a great gun.

I also have a Taurus semi in .380, and that had been a wonderful gun, so much so I use it as my carry unit much more than the 45 now.