• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Evinrude Problems

LOWinEYEin

Question

I think I am having mixture problems.

The motor will kill if I turn hard left or right, and it kept wanting to kill or not start.

35 horse older
newer hose
older tank
new plugs

thanks guys

Moving to equipment expert forum!

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 06-09-2004).]

11 answers to this question

Need more info. Is it a tiller or remote? How does it kill - stop immediately or putter out? Will it recover if you straighten it out quickly? Does it start again right after it stalls? If you can't tell, I'm leading toward some sort of electrical problem like a poor connection or short when wires are being strained in a sharp turn.

United, that was my guess. I just had the intake from my gas tank replaced. It had a crack half way down it. Once my tank neared half it would die.

NEver on a full tank...for obvious reasons.

I hope this is all it is....cheap fix!

Jim W

Tried starting it with the water hose connected. It would start for a little bit but then kill.

Is it possible to have rust or something negative in the tank/hose.
I drained it this spring and put all new in, but did not rinsce it out or nothing.

Is there a sponser for this site that sells tanks?

Had this problem this year w/my merc. It turned out to be a bad hose connection to the fuel pump. The crimp somehow wasn't holding seal anymore, take the hood off and squeeze the bulb. To check and see if any fuel leaks somewhere.

------------------
GRIZ