• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm an Idiot!!!

Deitz Dittrich

Ive now driven a snowmobile twice!!! thanks to Mr.Hanson for my first time.. Very awesome!!!!

Well, my father bought a used Polaris XL Indy.. not exactly sure how old it is.. 90 something I am sure...

anyway I took it for a ride this weekend up at my cabin.. just a few laps around the yard.. Pretty sure I didn't put a mile on the odimiter. Anyway I was acorss the road and was comming back to my property and hit the birm of snow from the plow at a 45 degree angle... for those who are already laughing.. yep... i did it.. at a whole 2 miles per hour I tipped the dang sled over on my leg...

All is well, sled didn't even get much of a scratch.. I have a buise or 2... Head on or not at all!!!!!

Here's your sign grin.gif

I was a member of a snow mobile club here in duluth for quite a few years. On one of our first rides with the club (most of these folks were 55-70) we were near Clam Lake, WI and heading to a restaraunt. There was a gently graded slope about 50' high to get up to the road that the place was on. Well a friends wife just didnt give it quite enough gas to keep'er going as she angled across the slope and in slow motion started tipping as she got 3/4 up. Luckliy she rolled off the sled on the uphill side as it rolled down the slope. We had her on her feet in no time but whe was a bit embarrassed blush.gif

At least you didnt try water skipping on your first ride and drop it in a lake/river!!

Beware, sleds can become addicting cool.gif

Me too! Two years ago I bought a sled for me and a kitty kat for my son. I lectured him on safe riding and we went out. About two minutes later my sled was tipped over being held up by the right handle bar. I too was going slow but my kids eyes were as big as saucers.

Do as I say not as I do...I'm an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly too. By the way, maybe you shouldn't have got a riding lesson from a snowmobile apparel model!!!