• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Bow

Austin

I am going to get into bow hunting for whitetail and I'm wondering what would be a good bow to get. I have check out a PSE XLR infinity and a Browning micro midas 3. I like what the PSE has to offer so far. What are some other ideas and what price range am I going to be looking at? Thanks

Austin

I recently bought my son a Micro Midas and so far it has worked out really well for him. I stopped at a couple different places and had him shoot different bows and he felt the most comfortable with the Browning. When it was all said and done I think it was just under $400. That includes, arrows, release, and a hard case.

Really the best thing to do is to go to the pro shop and shoot a few bows.

A buddy of mine got his wife into archery this past year and she was choosing between the Micro Midan and the Alpine Micro. She ended up choosing the Alpine.

Another option for you, but like Joe said, get out and shoot as many as you can. You will find one that feels confortable for YOU.

about how big are? Do you know how many pounds you'll be pulling?

When I first started bowhunting I started with a Micro Midas 3. It is a good a starter bow that got the job done. I wish I would have gotten a bigger bow with more adjustments because after my first seaon I ended up buying a new bow.

[note from admin-if you have something for sale, please use the forsale forum. Thank you]