• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheap Buddy Heaters

CAB

Was at Home Depot this weekend and saw they had the Buddy Heaters for $39.99. I would have bought one but already have one (I paid $69). It was the store in Apple Valley in the area by the the shop vacs.

I looked at two Home Depot stores and found no Buddy heaters. They sell a Coleman catalytic heater but the guys said they had never heard of Mr. Heater brand being sold there. Did someone actually buy a Mr. Heater brand heater at Home Depot?

I bought the coleman brand heater but haven't tried it. Anyone used one of these and how do they compare to the buddy heater?

Last spring I picked up a Dynoglo heater(same as buddy heater made by another manufacturer)at Home dept and paid $20 for a display model. My wife liked it so much in her Fishtrap pro that she looked for 2 weeks at Home Depots for another and never found one. My advice is if you find one don't think about it too long because it'll be gone before you know it.

You must have beat me to those two stores. I called the Chaska store and they had never heard of a Mr. Heater. I called the EP store and they supposedly had 4 left. I drove there and there were none. They guy there also had never heard of Mr. Heater being sold there.

Oh well.

hoggsback,

at first while at chaska they didn't have any buddy heaters so i bought the coleman cat heater. while out in the parking lot i called EP store they said they had 15 left this was 6:30am on 1/31 they said that had a bunch left and when I got their all I saw was the floor model on the table.

If anyone is still in the market for the small buddy heater their are 2 available in the Burnsville Home Depot. My daughter had a b-day party to go to at skateville so I killed a couple of hours and walked the store they had the display model and on in a box left.