• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handle bar heater question

zent

I have a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, and would like to put heated grips and a thumb warmer on it. Where is the best place to buy and are they easily installed. Thanks for any information you can give me. Z

Cabela's and Larsons Cycle in Cambridge,MN have them.I got mine at Larsons.They have both thumb warmer and grip settings on the same controller,with 5 settings each.Alot nicer then hi and low and alot easier to hook up as you have one power wire and one ground.

I have installed quite a few sets of "Symtec" hand & thumb warmers. They are the kind that go underneath stock handgrips and can be wired into 1 toggle. They seem to work well, yet I've only installed, never ridden w/ them. Not sure what price range they are in either.

i bought one brand that cabelas sells (dont remember name) and ended up taking them back. the grips were really FAT and just didnt feel right. so if you get them at cabelas you may want to check that and make sure you like the feel before getting home with them!

I have an 02 Sportsman and the install was easy. I got mine at a now former Polaris dealer so they may have been genuine Polaris. There was wiring already up in the pod that I just had to hook onto. Also drilled a hole in the pod below the speedo to put the switch in. The switch I got was nice and low profile. Not like the big bat handles you sometimes get in the cheaper kits. I am sure shade tree in Big Lake or Dennis Kirk would have quaility kits as well.