• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Windshield?

BlueLiner

Hello Everyone,

Looking to add a shield to the Grizzly. I have looked at the Quad boss fairing as well as the Yamaha fairing and Bear logo windshield. I was told by the Yamaha dealer that the aftermarket shield does not fit or look as good as the Yamaha products. The Yamaha fairing less $$ than the Quad Boss but on back order. Any experiences, Thanks.

I've had very good success using a Cobra windshield, made by Sport Tech. ATV can be trailered (forward) with it on, breakaway design in case you get thrown off the front, easy install.

I have agree with Dave on the Cobra. I have one on my 02 Foreman and also on an 05 Kodiak and they look fine on both. The manufacturer wants you to buy their product so they can charge more money. I believe i paid $99 for the Cobra windshield. Just my .02. Now I'm broke. smile.gif

outdoorsman, for trailering, it's easier to just unbolt the windshield itself from the windshield arms; then you don't have to readjust the windshield at all.

Blueliner, as outdoorsman noted, it's simple to remove and reattach. And, I've trailer my machines sideways with the windshield still attached many times. The key is to turn the front wheels toward the towing vehicle, so the wind hits most of the windshield. Never had one blown off yetgrin.gif I checked with the manufacturer on this before trying it and they saw no problem either.

Here's a Cobra mounted on one of my machines.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=541043&page=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If you need a close up photo, shoot me an email.

Having owned a Grizzly and using the "yamaha" windshield I can personally tell you it is made by Sportech or Cobra,and it is a excellent windshield in my opinion.It takes a little tweaking to install it just right,but well worth it.

jltimm, Sportech is the company that makes the Cobra. I know they make the Polaris windshields but, wasn't sure abot the Yamaha, that's why I didn't say for sure. Thanks for clearing that up. BTW, retail prices are the same, I believe, so if someone rather have the "OEM brand", you'll know it was made from Sportech.

I remember really liking the quality of that windshield!I think the windshield was aroud $99 if I remember correctly?The OEM windshield on the Grizzly looked great as well.I have a 2005 King Quad and cannot get a windshield that I like for it.The Suzuki one is junk and the other 2 I tried wouldn't fit,one being the Cobra universal with headlight cut out,and the other a Moose brand.I guess winter is winding down and the temps have been good so maybe I'll make another winter on it?

Thanks for the input guy's. I went with the OEM windshield, the bear logo looked to sharp to pass up. I am happy getting a quality product made locally by Sport Tec.

Next question.. Has anyone used an automotive type spot mirror (with the double sided tape) on the back side of the sheild. It seems like a cost effective accessory but, I am not sure I want tape on the new sheild.

If you try the mirror idea, be careful where you stick it. A friend tried that on his factory Polaris shield. The first branch he hit, made the shield flex and broke the tape loose. I use a $6 Wally world bicycle mirror. It velcros to my grip and seems ok so far. Haven't been brush busting with it yet though.

I have seen a lot of different mirrows out there. One's that go on your wirst and you have to take your hand off the handle bar to use. Ones that stick on the windshield, ones that velcroe to the handle bar. The best and most durable that I have seen is the one that sticks in the end of your handle bar and can swivile in all directions. I have had one on my last 2 machines and between them they went through four rollovers and countless beating in brush and off trees. Just hang onto the wrench taht comes with it. If you beat it to much you will have to retighten the screw once in a while.