• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot Panfish Action - Pictures.

That looks like a great meal you got going! Rock bass are tremendously fun to catch. I was fishing White Bear, throwing a crankbait for bass/pike, and had a hit. What felt like a 1-2 pound bass turned out to be a 10" Rocky! Those things are the Pike of panfish.

Conditions were overcast and gray and we caught the fish on glow jigs and Berkley Gulp! With no electronics and a hand auger, I drilled 25 holes before we found fish (my shoulders are still a bit sore) so I'm sure you'll understand my reluctance to give up the exact location. Most of the satisfaction for me comes from studying the maps of a new lake, planning my attack and actually catching some fish. I wouldn't want to deprive you of that same pleasure.

Are you seriouse? No picts. of kept fish? Total catch and release doesn't do any good. Selective harvest is good for the resource! There is nothing wrong with keeping fish to eat! Lets try not to be so...

Agreed! Selective harvest is a good thing. Part of the enjoyment of fishing is a good fish fry! Nothing wrong with keeping a few for the pan. Now, trying to max out and fill the freezer or keeping the big breeding stock is another matter entirely. I no longer keep more than two meals worth of fish in my freezer. Heck, they're better fresh anyway and that gives us more of an excuse to fish more often. Balance is the key IMO.

If you go the photo sharing forum and read a post from Rick "No dead fish pics" he explains the rules for posting pictures of fish. It is good to read this instead of risking losing privileges to the site. I would put the link in but I am not able to get that to work.

Here's Rick's comments on it:

Pages: 1

Rick

FishingMN & IceLeaders Owner

Reged: 11/04/99

Loc: Great ol' US of A No Dead Fish Pics!

#412378 - 09/04/04 04:41 PM Edit Reply Quote

Dead Fish Pics

Please, no Dead fish pics, stringer pics or pics we assume the fish definitely will be dead shortly allowed.

We do respect legitimate harvest of fish and do so ourselves. We are very high on selective harvest for wise stewardship of our lakes, rivers and streams.

The responsible thing to do on a heavily traveled site like this is to heavily promote Catch, Photo and Release and especially selective harvest which has a CPR theme running through it, with photos in these forums.

Besides encouraging Selective Harvest we also encourage cameras in the boat for better looking photos to be taken. This provides one less reason to keep a fish, the photo proves you caught it and it sure looks a LOT better here and in your photo album.

That is why we will not allow dead fish pics. Besides, those dead fish pictures do not look nearly as good.

Please click the Register link and read the policy before posting.

Thank you very much for your understanding and help in promoting selective harvest and better photos.

Post Extras: