• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power Vee Plow

Cootz

Anyone own one of these from Cycle country? This is my first plow and would like to hear any pro's and con's. My driveway is dirt and about 130' long. I need (because of neighbors drive) to push the snow in a certain direction not to be a jerk. Basically, from the street back towards my garage and around it. one Big "L" shape.

I have not ever used one, but a good friend of mine works at Cycle Country and tried to convince me to buy one last year. It sounds like it is a really great plow. It just wasn't what I was looking for. I was told that it works faster, and is easier on the machine because it doesn't suck the power in deep snow like a straight blade can.

I dont know if the beefed them up or not yet, but a few years back I had to fix one for a guy at work. The adjustment arms for the "V" kept bending on him. Needless to say he was a plowing rookie and was pretty reckless with it.

Cootz - I cannot speak abouth the Cycle Country brand v-plow, but I have the Glacier v-plow and really like it. If you are trying to decide between a straight blade and a v-plow, I would go with the v-plow. I use mine for a couple different plowing scenarios. At home I need to plow my drive and place the snow in a certain area, like your situation. It works great. If you ice fish, the v-plow is awesome. I make trails on the lakes I fish and keep them clean. That way you will not need a snowmobile if the snow gets too deep. Good luck in your decision!