• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SeaFoam

YakHead

I use it in kind of a preventative way. I am REAL careful with my gas to only use fresh, stabilitze it if it is going in something I use every so often like the chain saw, weed wacker etc and make sure to not keep gas forever. I have switched to sea foam as a stabilizer and seems to be working ok and smells better than stabil when it burns. Never really had a bad carb problem or rough running that it fixed mostly because any of those problems were due to something else. I have been making mixed gas in smaller quantities like a half gallon by using a 2 oz syringe as a measuring device. Keeps gas fresher for stuff like snow blower, ice auger - stuff with relatively low fuel consumption. Fresh, clean, DRY fuel is best way to avoid lots of small engine problems. Very careful when it is raining out so as not to get drops of rain in tank. Need al.l my machines to work as mostly I am in the middle of nowhere and depend on them.

Seafoam works great. I hate the smell of stabil. Burning it off thru my kicker motor on the boat in the spring makes me sick. I use seafoam in the last tank and the first tank of the year. In my 1980 XS 1100 yamaha, my 1995 merc 175 & 15 hp, my 15 yr old lawnboy mower, my 30 year old Jiffy ice auger, and my echo weed trimmer. Top off with fresh gas in the spring. Never-ever had a carb gumming problem.