• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storms a comin'

Here's a photo I took on the Wednesday at the end of the duck season when the wind was blowing 45 mph. This was taken at daybreak, with about a 1 second exposure. What do you think--I'm tossed on whether I like it or not. I can't make up my mind whether or not it looks like a storm and the wind, or does it just look like a blurry photo--what do you guys think???

dsc000668yh.jpg

I think the wind has made your weeds up close look blurred, but, unless the wind was making the clouds look runny I don't see why your clouds would look blurry. I certainly don't mean to be critical, just giving my thoughts on what I'm seeing. Lord knows I'ld like to be 1/2 as good with a camera as you. On a positive side the darkness does give it an erie affect.

Makes me wish I was there in your blind with my camera. A person alone with a gun and a camera can only do so much, and I'd love to get out with you guys in the field. I hunted a lot of duck in years gone by, but I'd gladly leave the full choke behind and "limit" myself to a full-choke lens. grin.gif

NNT,

No offense taken at all--I need opinions, that is what keeps me fresh. That is why I posted this--I too am not so sure about it. I feel like 50-60% of the photo looks like a storm with high winds and dark gloomy skies, but if I turn my head and look at it again, the front half looks blurry, and it makes me wonder. I was just looking for an opinion, thank you for giving me yours.

Tom W

Tom,

I looked at it a couple times and I would vote no. I would imagine the clouds were moving pretty fast and that gave them a bit of a blur but I don't think that is where the problem is. I think there is someting missing in the composition, maybe a different crop. Maybe that is why you are having a hard time making up your mind is that it is not what is in the pic but what is not....something is missing.