• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squirrels

Love them or hate them. confused.gif I guess a little of both. They can look so innocent on a snowy day and then the next day they have managed to rip you "squirrel proof" feeder down and destroy it mad.gif

Here are a couple pics from today.

sqirl.jpg

Who me??? Wasn't me that ripped down the feeder.

sqirl2.jpg

North, south, east, west. There's a northern flying squirrel and a southern flying squirrel. Northern occupies northern 2/3 of state, southern occupies southern 2/3 of state, so their ranges overlap. They're nocturnal, which is why so few people see them. Sometimes on late summer evenings when the sun is down and there's still some light left, you can see them gliding from tree to tree in older residential neighborhoods and other woods. Northern is slightly larger, but otherwise they're very difficult to tell apart unless you have one in your hand.