• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

glad to hear you survived. That was quite the storm. That wind was just insane, and made clearing the driveway and sidewalks a real chore.

I know here in sioux falls we didnt get it near as bad as some. Although I live in the extreme edge of town, I guess we were lucky to have power the whole time, sounds like there are quite a few who dont right now. I am really feeling for all those that dont. Hopefully they can get power restored quickly.

Ice making will sure be full swing, although I dont know if I will be hitting any lakes this weekend just yet. I have a feeling all that rain and slush probably trapped some pockets of air and bad ice.

This will be my first winter back in SD and I am not familar at all with many of the lakes. Looking forward to figuring them all out, but I will wait for good reports of solid ice before I head out.

Hopefully that will be soon!

Guys,

I buddy of mine talked to Paul over at Lynn Lake Lodge today. Paul said that it may be up 10 days before power is restored. All the wires are down, sounds like an absolute mess. They said they had an inch of ice up in that area.

They are still seeing lots of pheasants. Could be an issue if it does not warm up and melt the ice. Pheasants will not be able to pick through all the ice to get to food!

Hope things improve quickly for all you folks!

LOW

Yep, our pheasant population may drop, but I read somewhere that we can lose up to 75% of our pheasants without affecting the next year's population. We're lucky those little birds are so promiscous grin.gif

It is looking like we're gonna get round three this weekend! I just heard 5+ inches is expected! I actually hope for a a lot of snow. Good coyote hunting and fill our lakes back up too!

Oh yeah baby, people fishing some of the area lakes. I'm going crazy watching them. crazy.gif

More snow tomarrow should be good bird hunting! I think the majority of the birds made it.

Take some time to think of the people still without power I wish there was somthing we as FMers could do to help them. I think it is just a waiting game for them.

mw