• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Block 4x4

metrojoe

I've been looking at a number of different targets and the new block looks intersting. Anyone own one? Is it worth $90 or would I be just as satisfied with the original block? I'll be using it mostly for field point, but wanted something I could shoot broadheads at once in awhile. Any info would be great.

Personally I don't see the value in them. I know they will last longer when you shoot broadheads, but I am more than satisfied with the layered foam targets. I probably use broadheads 90% of the time in the fall while keeping my practice to "hunting" situations, but otherwise my target shooting is just to maintain my mechanics.

These targets are fantastic for field tips and I htink hold up fine to broadheads. Eventually you will wear out a spot in the target, but if you're good then you can move over a few inches and keep going. I figure if I spend $30 a year on a layered target I'll probably be ahead on one of the blocks.

you should find the 4x4 more durable than the open layers. the posi-lock foam shell keep the layers from 'spilling out' after they've been ripped after several shots. the 4x4 also has for different faces...including vitals. another nice feature is that one face specifically allows tree stand shooting (keeps the layers vertical)...durable, weatherproof, a variety of faces...and should last much longer...only draw back...a tough pull-out. use a good arrow gripper.

I dunno, everybody is entitled to their opinions. I own one, and shot a lot of broadheads into it this fall. Still looks like brandnew, and if it doesnt, just add a little permanent marker over the vitals and dots/diamonds, and its good as new. In my opinion its better than most of the other targets.