• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris foot brakes??

grip-em+rip-em

Is there a trick to bleeding your foot breaks on a polairs atv. I have a 2004 polaris 700 and the foot brake has not worked, basically since I bought the machine. I tried to bleed it but it still doesnt work. Anybody have any suggestions. The beautiful 1 hour after purchse warranty that polaris offers has expired.

Check to make sure the rear brake reservior is level and filled to appropriate level. On an older machine, it was tilted (loosened up), getting air and not getting enough brake fluid. Two bleed screws on rear brake, one bleeds front lever and one for foot pedal.

Make sure your brake fluid is full. There is a bleader close to the rear wheel's on your atv. The bleeders look similar to the ones on cars if you've ever seen them. Loosen the bleader, pump the rear brake until it's firm, hold the brake down then tighten the bleeder back up, then check the fluid level again. Don't use your rear brake for braking. Use it just to put it into high range, reverse and park.

I just had a similiar problem with my 04 Arctic Cat 650. I tried bleeding them my self, but nothing happened. I brought it to the dealer and they found that the master cylinder was bad. The repair bill was over $500, but all covered under warranty. The bill is a little higher than normal, because they busted the bleeder port when opening it and I needed a new caliper as well. I think the master cylinder was $250 or so.

Either way, I was shocked at the cost...

Hopefully, yours is something easy.