• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The $%^@^%# Dog Thread...

I have removed that thread... It became a hunter vs trapper thread and was going to a bad place in a hurry! Please, we are all a part of the FM family. Lets stick to giving advise and helping each other out, rather than attacking each other!

Thanks

Deitz

the discussion did illustrate how important common sense and courtesy plays in todays outdoor activites, regardless of the letter of the law, a guy needs to have some decency. 99.9% of the people out there have it.

Deitz, thanks for letting me know what happened to the thread. Unless there was a post that I didn't see, I didn't think it was getting out of hand, I had learned that it was illegal to toss traps, and that they were marked, and hopefully he was learning that even though its legal to set connibear traps, is it the right thing to do if its going to catch someones dog? Deitz, hopefully it won't be your dog caught in a connibear trap!!!

Back to the original reason for this post, dogs running under my deer stand, I had caught the dogs on a couple of my trail cams, printed out the pictures, and put them in his mailbox. He called last night and said that he was going to keep the dogs tied while he was away, that he didn't want any trouble smile.gif I said thanks, and told him that I had no intention of shooting his dogs, but that dogs that run have a high motality rate, and that I would be suspected, but that I wasn't going to kill his dogs, nature would handle it. So hopefully I won't see them again.

Along these lines, one of my hunting buddies had a dog chase a fawn right under his stand the weekend & his boy who was hunting in another stand, saw the dog chase the deer over a 1/4 mile. I think the fact that the dog stopped before getting to within range of the stand is the only reason it's still alive. People definitely need to tie their dogs up or pen them up if they won't stay in their yard. Why should everyone else have to suffer because of an irresponsible pet owner?

Blacjack- There were quite a few posts I would be willing to bet you missed. Things were going in a direction I felt was not a good one. I personally do not own a dog. However, I can totally see the point of a dog owner. It would kill me to see an animal that I had raised hurt. With that being said. We at FishingMinnesota.com can not condone illegal behavior. Or flaming of another FM member. Expecially if they are not breaking any laws. As of right now, its legal to put traps on public lands.

The point you may have missed in a post I made on the other thread. I doubt there are any trappers that are intensionally trapping someones hunting dog. Hwever, I will say this, there probably are a few unethical trappers out there. Just like there are a few unethical hunters and anglers in this state as well.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a fight. Wasn't my intention at all. I say let's all get along as we all share many of the same passions. The great outdoors.

I didn't see many posts as I wasn't on the net yesterday. So, if I offended anyone by what I said, I really do apologize.