• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooter needs help

Cooter

Hey, just put a new sight on my bow and just like the last one its pretty much set as low as it can go. So I'm wondering what the deal is. What is a normal distance from nock to peep for the average guy? Im guessing mine is a bit much and I need to work on a lower anchor point? If the anchor point lowers the sight should go up? Hey thanks for the help, primetime is coming up and I want to be ready.

Coots- My first question is how much space do you have between the arrow and the bottom of the sight? If you are having this problem with multiple sights, then I'm guessing the problem is your anchor point. To answer your question : yes, if you lower your anchor point your sight will come up. I''m at work now.. but when I get home I will measure my distance from center of my peep to my knock.

Cooter...that distance will vary a bit depending on the length of the bow too. i.e: if you're shooting a short axle to axle bow, the distance from nock to peep would be greater, as measured on the bowstring, than on a longer bow, because of the draw angle. think of your peep as the rear sight like on a rifle...moving it up brings your sight window down...moving it lower will raise your sight picture...

draw your bow back to anchor with your eyes closed...when you open...your peep should be right there...accessible with out having to crane your neck or readjust your chin....there is a range on the string where you can place it...but seeing as your pins are bottomed out..it sounds too high...

try the blind anchor test, and lower it to where you can still pick it up with-out adjusting your head...then see how your sight pins react....you should be able to raise that sight window by lowering the peep...

good luck and good shooting!

Hey thanks for the replies. Got it sighted in and its not too bad. Some info that might help - distance from nock center to peep center is 6 inches. My bow is 35" axle-axle. When anchored, my nose is on the bowstring and the top nock is pretty much in the corner of my mouth. To go any lower I would need to increase draw length, I believe.

Cooter...sounds good. Mine is 37" a2a and peep is 6.75" from nock. 1/16" can make a difference of an inch or so at 20 yards....

"not too bad"....spoken like a true scandinavian...*LOL* it's either "not too bad" or "pretty good!"

(still hearing echoes from a sermon two weeks ago...too funny!)

sorry for the drift...i'll explain later....

hit the ten ring boys!

good luck