• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A beginning bow for me

USPENAMC

looking into getting into archery i found this inexpensive bow for about 183.00 dollars and was wondering if its a good start i dont know about all the little extras but i basically want a plain bow to start with nothing fancy just something to get some arrows downrange and practice good form and aim. if you have any CHEAP suggestions email me [email protected] thanks i put a description below

Buckmasters BTR Bow Set

All the performance you'll ever need in virtually any hunting environment. The Buckmasters BTR Bow features patented carbon-molded limbs, a strong, machined one-cam system, an aluminum riser with a vibration-dampening EPS grip and much more — perfect for skilled marksmen.

Material: Features patented carbon-molded limbs

Features: 4 arrow quiver

Key Features: 29 inch draw length, 70 lb draw weight

Description

Fully adjustable cable and string

Arrow rest with fully adjustable launcher arms

2-piece, 4-arrow quiver for aluminum and carbon arrows

3-pin, adjustable fiber-optic sight

String loop

The most important thing with any bow is not the price or the gadets it has on it.. it has to fit you properly!! If it fits you, andyou are just trying to see if you will like the sport, I'm sure it will be fine.. just make sure the string looks good(no fraying) and the limbs not cracked and go from there.

I'm assuming this is the bow at "Wally World" if you know what I mean. It might be a descent bow, but they sell it in a box and the most important thing when buying a bow that this place doesn't really offer is to take the bow and shoot it and make sure it feels right, and that it fit's you. Are you a 29" draw length and will you feel comfortable shooting at that draw weight, it's pretty heavy to start off with. There are other options in the 200.00 range that you can buy at places like Gander or some of the other big name places, But make sure you can shoot it before you buy it man.If you buy them there, hell they set them up for you and everything.They have all the tools to do it. I don't know that is just my opinion.Good luck and it's a great sport to get into.

I agree with leechbait. Go to a bow shop (I like Bwanas) or a place where you can shoot the bow like a gander mountain. They will get you set up right.

If you are looking to just see if you like shooting a bow...perhaps you could try a friends old bow before your buy one of your own...that's how I got into it. Or I'm sure a bow shop would allow you to use a bow and shoot at their range...especially if it meant that you might buy a bow of your own from them. You will be surprised how helpful the bow shops are! I've always had good experiences with them...I'm sure there's other opinions out there...but that's mine.

Thanks for all your help?

i was wondering of a place where i could go, with good service and they will get all measurements and allow you to try a bow.

I live in Eden Prairie and travel back and forth to minneapolis I know of a BIG sporting goods store on I think its off of 35 w south get off on 78th i think it is i dont want to post names D.... sporting goods is this a good place?

Hey uspen,

Cabin Fever sports is in Victoria (straight west on Hwy 5) and they have both new and used bows and they are some great people over there. Thats where I bought my new bow (its used).

Otherwise Gander Mountain is pretty good and Schaefer Archery in Burnsville is good, but they just seem to want to sell stuff to people and they always suggest that I need something more for my bow. Kinda annoying. All of the above stores have indoor ranges that you can tryout a bow in and try different models.

What I would do is just start shooting a few bows. Tell them your price range, but don't look at the prices. Find the bow you like. If it costs more than you may have to settle for something else, but don't get caught up in prices.

I'm too busy this weekend, but let me know if theres a night next week when you want to go there and I'll go with you. I can show you my bow and help you pick something. Eden Prairie has a brand new archery range in Staring Lake park and I go there to practice too.