• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to look?

Quickstrike

i am looking to buy a sled this fall for ice fishing for around 1000$. i live in duluth and was wondering where some good places to look would be are. it seems that there aren't many local resources and if anyone could help me out it would be great. i don't need anything fancy or special, just something that will get myself and my shack out on the ice for a couple winters.

Haydays is coming up in a week (Sept 10) there are literally 100s of sleds of all makes, models, sizes and ages for sale. Most of these people are really willing to deal at this time. Many good ready to ride sleds, or fixer upper models if thats what you choose. You can usually hear them run etc, but unfortunately you cannot test ride. Lots of deals to be had (especially if you want a scratch and dent or a fixer upper) some exciting racing to boot if you like that kind of thing. There are also many dealers on hand selling accessories and gadgets too. Oh and lots of food on a stick...you cant go wrong!

-Local Classified Ads

-Tradin' Times, Auto Trader type newspapers

-hsolist (Lots of deals here if you do your homework and don't mind driving to pick it up)

-Haydays would be the best place to strike a deal I think. If you've never been there, it is unreal!

Mrs. fiskyknut works at Polaris and she brought me home an employee sales list last week. Employees get a discount at purchase, and a rebate if kept 2 seasons. Pretty decent price offered by some. Send an email to Polaris and request one.

fiskyknut

Haydays snowmobile grass drags and swapmeet is held the weekend after labor day in Lino Lakes MN. Do a google search for haydays or for SnoBarons snowmobile club and there are maps available. I got there last year at 7:15 on saturday morning and there were quite a few sleds that had already been sold being moved out of the swap meet.