• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broad Head

Well I have found the perfect broadhead. I have shot a ton of different broadheads with different results but now I found the cats meow. It the Slick Trick 100. Here is the site. http://www.slicktrick.net If you like fixed cut on contact heads this is the one. It shoots exactly like field points without any tinkering around. It actually shoots as good as any expandable I have tried. You might want to give them a try if you are having any trouble with what you are using.

Last year I hunted with the Tekan broadheads by G5 which have a larger cutting tip and two blades that slide back and lock in place as they pass through the target. It's LIKE an expandable but the blades slide back and out instead of flipping over. After killing nearly 30 mature deer with bow and arrow (I'm only 21) I've had my only 4 'pass through' shots with these broadheads. The deer never went very far at all but the short tracking job was difficult in each case even though I made precise pass through shots. There was simply no blood. For that reason alone I am switching to three blade muzzy broadheads to see if I can get better cutting and blood trail. Before switching to the Tekan heads I used Thunderheads. I am still skeptical of expandables and just like to elimnate the opportunity for error (if the blade doesn't open properly or the shot isn't 100% broadside and the tip opens and deflects with the angle). Is anyone familiar with those Tekan broadheads and has anyone had the same issue while trailing?

Guys, Young guns posted a picture of a doe he shot this year. First ever - I guess he took advice from the forum and made it count.

Way to go young! You did something this weekend many of us did not~ get meat in the freezer.

I thought about trying Montec broadheads but it doesnt look like I will be bowhunting much this year. I did have good luck with Wasp broadheads though. I got a nice bull moose in sept 1996 with my bow and with the wasp broadhead i had a complete pass through at 15 yards. I never did find the arrow but to zip through a moose like that I was impressed. Just wish I was into bowhunting more like I used to be. I like to hunt for too many other things and not enough time to do it all. Shoot straight! Brian