• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone heading out to the big pond next weekend? We are taking our annual summer break and taking the crew out for a few days of fishing. Reports are looking good, just praying for good weather. We will be fishing out of Predator 2, he is a buddy of my dad's and we have always had good luck. Can't wait for that Algoma coma!!!!

Setterguy we will be on our 3rd annual trip, we have a couple of boats out there from the 15th till the 20th, our boat the "One Eye Open" will be on the crib at pier 42 marina currently called sunrise cove. It is a 30' White Bayliner with walker riggers on the back stop by for some BSing. Our other boat will be up the river at Kaptain K's marina they go by the name "Artaholic" it is a 22 foot Sabre. See you out there and get ready for the lovely sound of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

PS if you golf bring your clubs, gotta do something midday!

I was in Algoma for the day last Wednesday. Fishing conditions were rough that morning and fishing was subsequently difficult for the fisherman. I caught 3 small kings in about 2.5 hours that morning. Went in and let my head unscramble and went out at about 4. Took two young boys of a friend of mine and had 4 fish by the time we got all lines set. Total was 9/16 with lots of small fish. I mean small!!!!

NE wind made fishing shallow. I never fished deeper than 80 feet and most were in the 50-60 FOW range.

I don't normally fish Algoma and it was my first trip there. I was disappointed with the size of the fish and the behavior of some boaters on the water, but otherwise a fun day!

Good luck guys!

There are campground in both Algoma and Kewaunee that I know of. The one in Kewaunee is pretty nice and is actually part of the boat ramp. Pay at the Kewaunee Marina across the street and you get access to the ramp and fish cleaning shack...and you can do it by walking 100 feet.

Kewaunee is about 20 miles from Mani though I would suppose by water. I do believe there is a campground in Two Harbors. Check the internet.

Well the crew had a wonderful time on the water this past weekend. Fishing was so hot that only morning trips were taken. Friday morning boated 24 fish, biggest around 19, lots of 8-10s and a few 12-15s thrown in. Saturday brought in another 16, and just for good measure we took 10 more in one hour of fishing this morning. Believe it or not j plugs produced the bigger fish! I have never had good luck with them, we just started to try em because everything else was working....hope that everyone else had as good as luck as we did. I can't wait for next year.