• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Monster Bluegill

Here a hog of a fish that I caught while walleye fishing one night. I was using a 1.5oz Bottom bouncer and spinner rig. It hit so hard I thought it was a walleye. But when I started to reel in I noticed sharp sunfish like cuts in the water. I said to my partner, "This isn't no walleye here, its a huge bluegill." Turns out it measures to 12". By far the biggest bluegill I have ever gotten by 2"! lol

20050626fishing0001small9gw.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me while fishing for walleye a few years back. I pulled in a massive bluegill. Its weight was around 2 lbs, didn't measure it but there was no way I was going to get my hand around it to hold it like you typically would hold a pan fish.

thats a gill we all fish for. I hope you released that one. I catch many 10+ inch gills, but I release them all, they are the the good spawners. its funny to watch my uncles curl when I release them fish, they have no clue.