• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fat guy in a fishouse

addicted

Question

Need an idea. My father and I are bigger guys. My sister ha given us a used 4x8 suitcase fishhouse. I have holes on opposite sides of each other, however I can't seem to figure out a good way to set up a heater & Lantern without burning my jacket sleeves I currently have a 20# propane tank with a Y setup that has a mr heater and a lantern. The problem seems to be the hump in the middle of the floor takes up way too much room.

------------------
Addicted

It's not only a name, but a state of mind!

7 answers to this question

I have the same set up as you, as said, leave the tank outside and run the heater in. I also use a gas lantern but I still use the small canisters, that way I hang the lantern by the center pole without a hose line in the way. It takes a little adjustment to figure out what you like, I agree that hump in the middle is a space stealer. Next time, I'm getting a different house arrangement but for now, I do the above. Get's a little tight but it sure feels good when you get out!

Addicted, Ive owned a few of those cooker type sun flowers so I had an extra stand for one, I cut the part off that would be the legs for it, or the wire that makes the perimiter of the frame. then your left with the part that hooks to the heater, and 2 legs up and 2 legs down.I bent them in a way that would hold the heater on the hump in my portable, its a trophy 5x7, it works great, and it keeps the heat low helping the holes stay open, if ya got an email i could send ya a pic.

A friend of mine had a suitcase style house and he also used a 20 lb propane tank. He built a small wooden table that sat just above the ridge in the middle. He placed the tank on top of that. He just used a small piece of plywood and a couple of 2 x 4's. Hope this helps.