• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Trails??

Big Fish Hunter247

I'm not sure which trail you are talking about, the one off hwy 63, or hwy 53? The one that's along 53 is a old railroad bed you can take that one from Rice Lake to well I'm not sure how far I know it goes threw Minong. The one along 63 I'm not sure of. But there are alot better trails around Hayward then those. Go to the WI DNR site. I recommed trail 31 for a good day trip, Starts out by the ranger tower east of Hayward by the rod and gun club, goes all the way to Seely. Good luck remember in WI you have to STAY ON the trails. That's the law.

I have been to the trails just southeast of Hayward for the past 2 weekends. I get on the trail in the town of Winter. there is a parking area across the street from the BP gas station. The trail is on old railroad bed. It runs for miles. I put on 130 miles on saturday June 25th. Winter is the middle of trail, because it goes east and west for several miles. You will need a Wisc. trail permit. you can buy at BP gas station and several other sites. it cost $18. and will run untill June 2006. there are challenging trails that encounter water, mud, rocks, uneven trails- otherwise just a lot of FUN. Take note on instuctions about gasing up before taking on some of the trails- you may be in 4x4 mode and we all know gas goes quicker then. There is a run called DEad Horse Run. off the start of trail, it looks pretty tame, however, round the corner and you have to navigate 50 ft of water. My Kingquad handled it. Have fun and give it a try. if you are looking for a great sandwich, try the meat and bait shop in Radisson- big sandwich- small price- yummy

are the trails you mention included as part of the trail system, or would they be considered riding off trail? just wanted to check because i have been looking at heading up to that area, and your post makes it sound like an enjoyable ride. just dont want to get up there and find out in order to ride some of the offshoots one has to overlook the laws.

the parts I mentioned are all part of the trail system. the name of the trails are, " Tuscobia Flambeau State Dead Horse ATV Trails". The trail runs through the southern end of Sawyer county, from county line to county line. the main trail is railroad grade and then the challenging trails go north and south of main trail. I looked on trail guide map for a web site, but there is not one. However, there is a email address for Club/trail info. here it is. [email protected]. just a side note, I see you are from Hastings, MN. I grew up in Hastings and still have a brother and sister in town. Perhaps we know each other?

I graduated in 1977. anyways, I am happy to share info on this trail system.

I have a cabin over near Birchwood. There are some very nice trails in the area. The Tuscobia Trail, as has been said is an old rail bed and rather boring, but some very fun trails take off from it. The Spider Lake Loop is a nice ride and last weekend there was lots of mud. Lots of blow downs from the storm last Wed. night but most trails have been cleared enough to get through. cool.gif