• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's Tackle - Wave Buster Bobber - Foam Walkers - Ice Buster Bobbers

Today's Tackle is another tackle company that designs products that make things easier for anglers, both out on the ice and in the boat.

We all know the popular Ice Buster Bobber...

bobbersmallcut1.JPG

A very versatile slip-bobber for any species. It can be trimmed down to match just about any presentation and when properly balanced the resistance a fish feels is basically non-existent. I used Ice Busters during the winter on panfish, catfish, walleyes, bass, pike, the list goes on...

Today's Tackle also has a bobber designed specifically for open water called the Wave Buster bobber...

wavebuster-package204.jpg

The Wave Buster Bobber is designed to hold jigs of all sizes. So, what you're getting is one bobber that works from Walleye/Pike/Catfish down to Panfish/Perch. If you choose to cast with a 1/16 or 1/8oz jig, the Wave Buster will sit perfectly straight into the wind (because of the weight system incorporated), which will aid in keeping the presentation in place on windy days. This ensures the bait is in the strike zone. If the jig hits bottom the Wave Buster will lay down (telling you to reset the stop knot), most weighted bobbers will stay in the upright position and not let you know your jig is on the bottom. You can also put a light stick into the tip for night fishing...

light-stick.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Wave Buster for springtime panfish when those windy days play such a huge role on light tackle. The Wave Buster helps me eliminate some of that stress.

Another product that I really like from Today's Tackle and is one of my mainstays for walleyes on certain occasions, is the Foam Walker...

foamwalker-and-text-large-new1.jpg

The Foam Walker is a standing slip-sinker that makes spinner rigging a whole lot easier. It stays upright because of the float system and doesn't tip over, which allows you to avoid more snag-ups and lost tackle. And, in the case where a snag does occur, it can be easily broke to ensure you salvage the rest of your rig. You can also change weights to match whatever depth or presentation. And it snaps on and off your line with ease.

These are just a few of the products that Today's Tackle offers, and I just briefly touched on each one. You can find out more about these products and otherr on their website as well...

Today's Tackle

Enjoy!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

The Foam Walkers are basically a better Lindy Rig with more features and options! Work them slowly and you will like them. The Wave Buster Bobbers are a better summer bobber that is totally adjustable. It easily holds a 1/8th oz jig with bait and you can trim it down to make it more sensitive for the lighter jigs or plain hooks and split shot. Perfect from Walleye to Crappies. All you guys that slip bobber fish on Mille Lacs will like them. For night fishing just poke a starter hole into the top with a toothpick, snap and shake a 3mm light stick and insert for 8 - 'Eye catching hours.

Have Fun, Bruce Mosher

The Wave Buster Bobber worked very well for BDR and me this weekend. We worked a deep weedline and managed to catch pike, walleye, perch, bass and crappie using the Wave Buster and either a minnow or leech. A slight chop on the water but the Wave Buster cut right through it and helped keep the presentation away from the thick weeds. We also had them weighted just right so that a walleye wouldn't feel any resistance when taking it down. A great tool to have in a variety of conditions and it helped us land more fish this weekend. Great product Bruce!

briancrappie4.JPG

BDR with a Wave Buster Crappie

mjpike6.JPG

Me with a Wave Buster Pike

Both fish were caught last night.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Nice picture Matt B. What does the orange collar do? I assume it's an adjustment of some kind. I see in the picture that Johnson and BDR posted the collar is out on the end and on yours it's slid down more in the middle.

Dan, the bright orange collar is easier to see during the day plus, you can slide it up or down to balance the bobber so it lays on the water surface or stands up when using lightweight jigs. Another use, slide a glow stick between the orange collar and bobber for night fishing, too. Works slick!

Yeah, like Dave said, the orange collar is a life-saver during sunny days or in any condition for that matter. Makes a big difference in visability. And just like the Ice Buster Bobber, the Wave Buster can be cut down to match any presentation (weight) as well.

Oh, and nice walleye Matt! smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson