• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander Mountain Spring Festival is Saturday the 23rd!

Spikeidji

Hey Guys,

I wanted to invite all FMers out to Gander this Saturday. Lots of Good Seminars, starting at 10 AM, with Matt Breuer speaking about Spring Panfish, Then Dennis Lappen of Muskie Innovations Tackle Company, at 1 PM its Local Guide and outdoor writer Paul Nelson, on Opening day Walleye tactics on our local lakes. Capt. Ron Hunter will be on hand representing Lowrance, (bring your chips) Mark Windel will be speaking also on local Muskie opportunities and at 4PM, Travis Peterson will be talking Bass. A lot of other Tackle and equipment Reps will be on hand. Lots of New Boats in the Parking lot from Corner Sports, Bemidji Marine and Jims trailer sales, also ATV's from Bemidji Sports Center. Door Prizes and Food! Should be fun. Be sure to introduce yourself to me as a FM viewer. I hope to see you, but if your in the boat, believe me I'll understand!

Spike

Hey Chad,

I'm pretty sure that YOU would not get drafted untill the late rounds, and that happens Sunday! You know that the Vikings will do something weird anyways, like last years drafting of a one armed defensive lineman. confused.gif Hopefully his off season surgery to rebuild his shoulder from an injury he sustained in College at USC will allow him to be the player that coach Tice and draft guru Studwell hoped he would be. Although all other NFL Scouts still shake their heads about that pick. Such is life for a Vikings fan. blush.gif

Spike

I attended the seminar today at Gander and it was a great time! Brang the family along as well, for what turned out to be a great day.

There was a great spring panfishing seminar. They cleared up some common misconsceptions associated with the springtime panfish bite as well as provided some specifics as to when, where, why and how to catch panfish in the spring. Also provided valuable information on various crappie search tools in the form of hardbaits and small spinnerbaits and how they can be utilized by "fan casting" areas first, subsequent to being narrowed down by paying close attention to temperature.

My knowledge was definetly expanded in learning how the males protect the beds from both sedimentation/siltation as well as predation. He also provided some great information on temperature and timing. All and all a job well done! Good job Gander!