• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Waste?

esox49

Just was wondering if anyone has used the inground dog waste eliminater that you can get at Cabelas? You put some sort of enzyme on it and it deteriorates the waste. If not, what do people do with dog waste if you live in town. I used to have a garden but I sodded that down last fall. Any suggestions? Thanks

I learned as a child that a good place for [PoorWordUsage] is in the toilet. grin.gif Whether from a dog or a person the toilet works equally well. If it's summertime and the lawn sausages sit outside a day or 2 and then you put it in the garbage as I used to do, you will find a nasty surprise. Maggots up the wazoo. The toilet is the way to go for me. Just scoop it up and in the toilet it goes. No fuss, no mess, no stink, it's gone in a flush and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I do one of two things, I either mulch them with the Toro, or I scoop what didn't get picked up and dump it in a hole with some "compost quick" and bury it. Garbage can is definately not a good idea......especially not in the summer.

My neighbor used one for his dog, had to put lime in it when it got real hot out.

It did work good though, until he got another dog and it was only rated for one dog.Then it got filled up fast.

If you do the trash can deal wait till the night before pick up to dump it in the trash.

Benny

We put ours in a plactic bag ( tripled up) inside a 5 gallon pail, with a cover, it is kept in the shade by our garage, every 2 weeks in gets thrown in the trash when dad leaves for work in the morning of garbage day. Really it doesnt smell that bad at all, except when opened up after 90 degree days, but thats a differnt story, Its manigable though.

RR56

I know this doesn't help the original question, but my lab goes back in the woods. It's the neighbor dog that goes in in my yard confused.gif But they have so much fun playing with each other that I don't say anything. wink.gif

"hooks"

I double that boilerguy!!! I just toss mine into the alfalpha and call it good. most of the time the dogs just go there anyway and save me the trouble. either that or I just toss it in the cows pasture!! beats a plastic bag any day!! I did have one of those enzyme digesters, but it didn't work worth a dump...pardon the pun!!!

I've got enough ants in my back yard that they clean it up for me! Not kidding. I have to spray around the house to keep them at bay but it sure is nice not having to pick up doggie do do. Either that or the rabbits in the neighborhood sure are hungry.