• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey I recently signed with Augustana College and am getting set to head down from the twin cities and live in Sioux Falls for awhile. I'd hate to have my new home interfere with my luv to fish, so I was just wondering what kind of fishing was available near the college campus or the city itself... I heard there are some trout streams and things...?? Thanx!!

I can't say I know of any trout streams in that area.

As far as walleyes, perch, etc.. It depends on how far you are used to driving for your fish. If you are accustomed to a 5-10 min drive to the lake, you may be dissapointed (unless you fish the Big Sioux).

However, I will say that SF has all of the amentities to be found in a college town. Should be a good time for you.

Just curious- What are you majoring in at Augie?

I am in the same boat, but I grew up in Sioux Falls, just moved back from the cities. As far as trout streams, the only thing, I know of is the outdoor campus but that isnt open to the public. There are often fly fishing classes you can take there on the weekend, but other than that its off limits.

As far as close fishing, big sioux isnt gonna offer a whole any where near the city. But go to the north and you will find some fish.

As for lakes, close there is Lake Alvin just east of town, Wall Lake and Lake vermillion to the west and north west.

As for fishing I havent been to any of them in about 5 years so I couldnt tell you how well the fishing is, maybe someone else could chime in.

If anything you will enjoy sioux falls. Good luck to you.