• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unusual Sealife Found After Tsunami (Hoax)

A buddy of mine who is a fisheries guy in CA sent me these. Apparently these were all washed ashore during the tsunami. Considering that some of these only live on the deep ocean floor it makes you think about the power that the storm generated. Hope this works.

It has been pointed out that this was a hoax. Still some pretty interesting pics though.

viperfish6fp.jpg

umbrellamouthgulpereel3pa.jpg

stargazer8di.jpg

pricklyshark4an.jpg

oreodory9gm.jpg

lizardfish9he.jpg

hatchetfish0yh.jpg

gunard0bo.jpg

fireflysquid1ue.jpg

fangtooth8za.jpg

Well, they sure fooled the folks at the USFWS CA- Redlands Hatchery and the folks at MNPCA. I was sent these from friends who work at both places. One is the hatchery Manager in CA the other is a fisheries scientist for MNPCA. I guess they were all over the PCA. I will pass along the info to them. See, you learn something new from this sight everyday.