• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tyler Hirsch

Muskieguy

Here is what today's paper said:

Leading scorer Tyler Hirsch's immediate future remains in question after an emotional outburst on Friday that led to him missing Saturday's game. Lucia has spoken to Hirsch's parents but said following the tournament announcement he had not yet spoken to Hirsch. "Out of respect to the family's privacy it is best that I not make any further comment," Lucia said.

Here is what yesterday's paper said:

The Gophers played without leading scorer Tyler Hirsch, who returned to his parents' home in Bloomington on Friday night following a bizarre incident after the game.

After both teams left the ice, Hirsch came back out and asked an off-ice official for a puck. Hirsch skated to center ice before skating in on one of the nets as if on a penalty shot.

After shooting the puck into the net, Hirsch crashed into the net at a relatively high speed, sending it against the end boards.

Hirsch got up and started to head to the door leading to the dressing room, but turned and headed back to the center dot, where he put down his stick and left the ice.

Hirsch did not speak with the media after the game, and his actions remain a bit of a mystery.

"He has some personal issues," Gophers coach Don Lucia said. Asked if he's worried about Hirsch, Lucia said, "I'm very worried."

What's going on with the poor guy???

I agree Crow Hunter, I don't think it is worth talking about his personal issues/health further. However, I do wonder if it isn't a broader indication of some internal team strife. A statement from the Gophers is forthcoming today.

I've got an mpeg of the incident if you guys would like to watch it. Just drop your email and I'll send it your way. (I should warn you that it's 3MB, however.)

Looks like a kid throwing in the towel to me.

Absolutely hilarious to watch him pile into the net, and then the boards. He hit the boards so hard the doors opened. To top it off he acted like he was alright after it happened. Are you kidding me?

That had to have hurt. Nothing like having a guy on your team who you know could snap at any moment. They are the best to have on your side, especially during a brawl.

I hope he gets some help, I honestly do. He will be harassed constantly by the media, hopefully he comes out of this mess alright.

I heard that he saw the movie "The Passion of Christ" and it has really messed him up. I heard he was saying something about "the devil is coming" during the game. Sounds like he has some mental issues going on. Hopefully he gets some help.

Muskieguy.....

Please send me the video at GOODSIE @ aol . com

Reusse just reported on GL that Lucia pulled him

off the PP because he wasn't going to the net.

Sounds like he might have been trying to prove a point!

www.uscho had a chat with Kellen Briggs from earlier this week and I think it may have been in the Star Tribune earlier this week that he will be playing with the third line and on the Power Play!