• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Tires

beef

Hey everyone...I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500...I bought the ATV used and it has a huge tire kit on it..I'm looking at buying a set of regular traction tires (New or Used)..Any ideas for tires would be greatly appreciated...I have checked with various dealers and they want a pretty penny for slightly used or trade in tires....Any good ideas or places to go for the tires would also be appreciated...

Thanks,

Beef

Howdy beef...

Most of the "used" tires you'll find at dealers are basically new "take-offs" from folks looking to upgrade from the start. I've yet to find a dealer that will "deal" on these very much.

What size are you looking for? And what do you call "regular traction" tires?

beef, what's your plan for the tractor tires? There's pro's and con's with using tractor tires. ITP makes a tractor tire for ATVs. Or, if you've seen my '05 Sportman links, Super Swamper has some deep lug tires.

Well I don't want these other tires I have...I will look at the measurements and tell you what this pigs are. All I know is the wheels make the total width of the 4-wheeler about 52 or 53 inches across, so it won't fit into the back of the truck... I will answer more of the questions in the morning while I am at work grin.gif....Need to put the little guy a sleep...

Beef

Huntnfish

I tried to email you and it did not go through...I think your email may be down. Try to email me at beef58(at)paulbunyan(dot)net

I will be in Fargo on Tuesday and Wednesday..

Beef

Walmart carries some ATV tires,but I don't know if they are a good price?They carry Titan 489's if i remember correctly,which some ATV manufacturer's used to put on the wheelers for a stock tire.I have purchased the big tires from rocky mountain atv, but they carry alot of tires and their price is great!

The tires I have on My ATV are:

Carlisle Swamp Pros

Front:

AT27x10x12

Rear:

AT27x12x12

Would you guys consider these aggressive treads, I do by looking at them...When looking for other tires, what kind of tread should I look for that won't tear up my yard deeply, but be good enough to ride on hunting trails on..Is there a tire that would be in the middle of the "tire tread scale"..The other thing I am looking for in a tire is one that will allow my ATV to fit in the back of my truck..My father-In--Law has a Foreman and it fits in no prob...My Polaris with these wide rear tires does not fit in the truck..I think the back end of the ATV is 52" wide.. Any more ideas would be appreciated...

beef

my guess is that you may also want to check your wheel offset being that it is a polaris. I believe that those tires must be mounted on new (after market) rims with a bigger offset to fit?????? So you may not gain a whole bunch of room by down sizing if you don't change the wheels also. I used to have the same exact atv with the same tires (size and brand) mounted on aftermarket 12"x7" wheels and a lift with heavy duty springs on the front for a plow. I'm pretty sure that the rims had about 1 1/2"-2" larger offset on each wheel to clear the muffler in back and the suspension in front. I can't remember for sure though.

J.T.

polaris come standard with 489's. you can get those at a good price at most outlets. shade tree in big lake has those in stock.

I put 27 inch itp 589's on my grizz, I can no longer close my tailgate on the pick up, but they fit in the truck no problem.