• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV snowblower attachment

grizwald

Does anyone know if you are able to put a snowblower attachment on the front of an ATV? If there is, for what brand of ATV and how do they work? My dad will be retiring to a lake in the next year and is planning on getting an ATV. He would like to get a snowblower for the large drifts that form on their long driveway. Thanks

Yeah you can get them for just about any atv, Kimpex I belive makes them. They are a 48" blower, The one on our showfloor has a 13 horse honda motor on it. You do need a Winch to pull it up. It doesn't put much weight on the machine for it pivots on a set of caster wheels that are attached to the unit itself. Sure looks like it would throw snow like nobodies business. A little on the pricy side but we've sold 3 and the customers love them.

Back in the early days of 4 wheelers, Yamaha had a model with a PTO on it and then you didn't need to buy a blower with its own motor or a lawnmower with its own motor or a tiller etc. The idea never caught on though I guess and no manufacturers have had PTO's for years. I actually always thought it would be nice to have. If I remember right, that was called a terrapro or something like that.

Anybody remember these units?

Griz. My bor. has one that he mounts on a 325 pol. expedition. It works great for him and the only problem he has had is that is vibrates so much that about twice a winter he has to replace some bolts on it. His is one of the early models that the company put out so I would imagine they have done something about the vibration by now. As mentioned above it has it's own motor, has a 48 inch cut and throws snow and rocks a long ways,so becarful of where the exhust shute is pointed.