• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop repair or replacement

RainyEye

Question

Just got back from Rainy River (great fishing ), and ran into a submerged deadhead on our last day, bending all 3 prop blades in the process and putting a 1 in. crack in 1 blade. My question is : should I even think about repairing it or should just get a new prop? I live in the Twin Cities ( sw suburbs) and the Prop is from a Honda 90 HP.Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Depends on what y ou would replace it with.

I replaced my aluminum prop. It would have been about 2/3's the price to rebuild it...at least in my kneck of the woods.

Heck, if you have the funds, buy a new one and keep it on hand for emergencies etc.

Jim W

I have seen guys make a mold from concrete with there props when they are new and any time they bend they place it in the mold and hammer it back to true form with a rubber hammer. Can save alot of money if you fish rivers alot. I read a good article on it by Dave Genz on this issue in this months walleye insider.