• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog boots

CASTnBLAST

Even though the hunting season is behind us my wife and I take my two Brittanies on several mile walks every weekend and the snow between the toes is a nusiance for the dogs.Anyone point me in the right direction of which boots to go with?Looked in Cabela's and holy heck theres a bunch of them to choose from and they are all not cheap.One of my concerns would be if the dog's could remove them with their teeth too easily because I'm sure that's the first thing they'll try.Velcro seems like it would be an easy one for them to tear off but the lace type seem like alot of hassle too.

I have a German Shorthair. I tried the taller neopreme velcro ones with the additional straps with the plastic clips from Cabela's. I put them on her in the yard and tossed the dummy for her. They didn't stay on for more than a couple of minutes. I tried to put them on her as tight as possible, but they just didn't work. I am pretty sure I paid about 40 bucks for them and thought I was getting the best, but if those were the best, then my dog can't wear them period.

Hey Castnblast, try this... always works great for me during late season pheasant hunts... spray a good coating off PAM on there toes and let dry... it let very little snow/ice build up between the toes...

Good Luck!

Ken

We have tried many kinds of dog boots and think the ultra paws (rugged sole) boots work best. They are from free spirit outfitters. $40 plus shipping. I like to use vet wrap on the leg first to stop any abrasion and snow or weed seeds from getting inside. Then duct tape the straps for rough field conditions.

I bought some boots at UglyDogHunting.com. I've been slowly breaking them in on my Britt. She flopped around the floor with them the first time I put them on, but once I got her outside ... she started to get used to them. They've got a zipper, velcro system that helps keep them secure.