• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Support your local dealer!!

hanson

I'm sure everybody knows how important it is to build a relationship with your local sled dealership, but I just found out exactly why that is.

I pulled my sled out of storage to go riding a few weeks ago and found out the sled developed some mechanical problems in storage. My fault on that one.

I brought the sled back into the dealer. Its a 2002 and I still have extended warranty on it. I come to find out that this type of damage is not typically covered under warranty. The dealer did some negotiating with the warranty company, I had a couple long phone calls with the head of the claims department and I finally picked my snowmobile up last night not oweing anybody a cent!

The service guy was telling me that they normally will never see this get covered, but because I bought the sled there brand new along with a trailer and the warranty, that they were going to do everything they could to get it taken care of. Well, they did.

I will be bringing them all my new sled purchases, accessories, and service work for along time now.

Here here to those thoughts. As a non-mechanical type I need all the service I can and always go to my dealer I bought my sled from. I'd suggest buying your snowmobile at a location that is convenient for repairs (by you home for example). I made that mistake on my atv, saved $100 bought it 50 miles away and it's a pain.

Couldn't agree more with ya Hanson. I've bought 3 sleds, 2 motorcycles, 1 4-wheeler, and a trailer all from the same dealer. Why? Because of the types of things you just talked about.

When I'm ready to buy something again, I'm going back to the same dealer. Not even thinking about shopping around.

You still need to shop around even if you know where you are buying. It gives you a lot better knowledge from which to base your bargain! I'm all for supporting the local guys, but I'm more worried about taking care of me more so than them, so I want to make sure I'm not buying that "extra service" buy paying way too much in the first place. Its not a bargain if you got taken in order to get it!